Personal Data Protection
What personal data are collected and for what purposes?
When you use our website and/or when you register to create an account, we collect and process personal data concerning you, such as your family name and first names.
We also ask you to send your email address in order to use this item of data to create an account, send information and notifications, as well as our newsletter.
We also collect your postal address, sex, telephone number, Internet Protocol (IP) address and certain information available on your social networks.
Definition of cookies and their uses. A cookie is a text file deposited on your computer at the time you visit our website. The cookies are managed on your computer by your Internet navigator.
Different types of cookies are used on our Site, as follows:
- Cookies: Cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. They allow you to use the main functions of our website (for example, access to your account). Without cookies, you would not be able to use our website normally.
- Analytical cookies: In order to improve our services, we use audience-measurement cookies such as the number of pages viewed, the number of visits, the activity of Users and their return frequency, in particular by using the services of Google Analytics. These cookies only allow the establishment of statistical studies on the User traffic on our website, whose results are completely anonymous to allow us to obtain knowledge about the use and performance of our website and to improve its functions. Acceptance of these cookies is a necessary condition for the use of our website. If you refuse them, we cannot guarantee you normal use on our website.
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that allow us to personalise your experience on our website by memorising your preferences (such as social media site sharing cookies). These cookies may be placed by a third party on our behalf, but it is not authorised to use them for purposes other than those described.
Types of cookies used. The following types of cookies are used on this Site:
- Temporary cookies: This type of cookie is active on your navigator until you leave our website and expires if you do not access the Site for a given period.
- Permanent or Tracer cookies: This type of cookie stays in your navigator’s cookie file for a longer period, which depends upon the parameters of your web navigator. Permanent cookies are also called Tracer cookies.
Use of third-party cookies. We may use third party partners such as Google Analytics, to track the progress of visitors to our website or to identify your centres of interest on our website and personalise the offer sent to you on our website or outside our website. The information collected by third-party advertisers may include geo-location data or contact information, such as email addresses. The confidentiality policies of these third-party advertisers provide further information on the way in which the cookies are used.
We ensure that the partner companies agree to process the information collected on our website exclusively for our requirements and in accordance with our instructions, in compliance with the European regulations. We ensure that they agree to implement appropriate security and protection measures for keeping the data confidential.
Deactivation of cookies. You may deactivate the cookies at any time by selecting the appropriate parameters on your navigator (the navigator aid heading used indicates the steps to be taken).
We draw your attention to the fact that deactivation of the cookies may reduce or hinder access to all or certain functions.
With regard to promotional emails, you may at any time withdraw your consent by (i) ticking the box relating to your account, (ii) clicking the deregistration link given in each of our communications, or (iii) contacting us.
Regarding targeted advertising on third-party sites, please refer to our Cookies Policy to find out how to withdraw your consent.
We collect the information that you give us when:
- you navigate on our website and use the applications
- you create, modify and gain access to your personal account
- you fill in a contact form
- you fill in an application form for our training courses
- you contact our Customer Service Department
ARE YOUR DATA SHARED WITH 3RD PARTIES?
The personal data concerning you collected on our website are intended for use by HALF MARATHON DES SABLES and may be sent to sub-contractors used by HALF MARATHON DES SABLES to provide its services.
HALF MARATHON DES SABLES will not under any circumstances sell or lease your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We also work in close collaboration with third-party companies that may have access to your personal data, as follows:
- Where you make an express request (for example, where you use the authentication methods provided by the social networks allowing you to integrate into your HALF MARATHON DES SABLES profile information from your account on their own website;
- Where we call upon search engine and analytical solutions suppliers to improve and optimise our website;
- Additionally, HALF MARATHON DES SABLES does not disclose your personal data to third parties except where (1) you (or your account administrator acting in your name) requests or authorises their disclosure; (2) disclosure is required in order to process transactions or provide services that you have requested; (3) HALF MARATHON DES SABLES is forced to do so by a government authority or a regulatory authority, in the event of judicial requisition, a summons to appear before a court or any other similar governmental or judicial requirement, or to establish or defend a legal claim; or (4) the third party is acting as an agent or sub-contractor of HALF MARATHON DES SABLES in the provision of services (for example, where HALF MARATHON DES SABLES uses the services of a telecommunications company).
If HALF MARATHON DES SABLES or all or part of its assets is purchased by a third party, the data in our possession will be transferred to the new owner.
We may combine data concerning you and that we receive or send to our commercial partners, including in particular all or part of your personal data and the information collected by cookies. This accumulated information will be used only for the purposes described above.
On request, we can give you a list of the countries where we keep your data and those where they are occasionally routed.
We transfer and keep your data in the European Union.
How are your personal data protected?
HALF MARATHON DES SABLES applies generally recognised technological and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data collected are not lost, misappropriated, consulted, amended or disclosed by unauthorised third parties unless the communication of the data is compulsory under the regulations in force, in particular at the request of a judicial authority, the police, the judicial police, or any other authority authorised by law.
The security of personal data also depends on the Users. Users who are members HALF MARATHON DES SABLES A agree to keep their user ID and password confidential. Members also agree not to share their account and to inform HALF MARATHON DES SABLES of any unauthorised use of the account as soon as they become aware.
For how long are the personal data of users of HALF MARATHON DES SABLES kept?
The personal data communicated by Users of HALF MARATHON DES SABLES are deleted at the end of a certain period of time and according to the data processed.
To allow members to recover their accounts if they forget their password after a prolonged period without connecting to the Site, your email is kept for reasons of security. However, it is possible to delete it by amending the information in their profile in the section “My Account” on the Site.
What are your rights?
In accordance with the regulations in force, Users of our website have the following rights:
- A right to gain access to and to correct information;
- A right to update and add to User data;
- A right to lock or delete personal User data where they are inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal, out-of-date or whose collection, use, communication or conservation is prohibited;
- A right to withdraw consent at any time;
- A right to limit the processing of User data;
- A right to object to the processing of personal data;
- A right to the portability of data that Users have supplied where such data is the subject of automated processing based on their consent or an agreement.
If you wish to know how HALF MARATHON DES SABLES uses these personal data, how to correct or object to processing of data, you can send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to the following address: HALF MARATHON DES SABLES, 51-23 rue du Docteur Blanche, 75016 Paris, France. Lastly, Users of HALF MARATHON DES SABLES may lodge a complaint with the regulatory authorities and in particular the Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés (CNIL, French Data Protection Authority) (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes).
Your requests will be processed within thirty (30) days. We ask you to attach a photocopy of proof of identity to your request so that HALF MARATHON DES SABLES can check your identity
How to contact us - Contact details of the data protection